Thursday, February 4, 2016

throughout my schooling career, i have always done peer reviews on my classmates papers but i never had any guidelines to go about it with. this was the first time that i had to answer questions based on their writing. it made me think about concepts and ideas which normally wouldn't even cross my mind when editing a paper. even though it was alot of reading and writing for others' papers, i truly hope that it helped them with their paper and maybe made them think of different ways to put their paper together. for me, my paper did have alot of flaws that they caught and brought to my attention. i think peer editing is a good thing because sometimes the writer just skips right over things, which can make or break an essay. i haven't read over my review of my second draft yet but im curious to what they wrote because i want my paper to be really good and easy to follow along too. like i said before there were alot of things that i probably wouldnt have even thought of before doing this exsercise, like how the title connects with the paper and it is should be revised or not. i always thought essays were easy to write but if you want a solid, amazing essay, there is so many aspects that need to be taken under consideration to make it absolutely perfect.. but even after that, its still not perfect, it will never be. i think doing these revisions on eachothers' essays were a great idea because it gives insight from an unbiased outsource. its not a teacher who you might feel uncomfortable sharing your paper with, its just a classmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment